9.28.2007

Hey

So, I know it's been a little while since I wrote, so I thought it was about time. Things are good for me here. I have decided that, although I couldn't live here for longer than I am at this moment, I could definitely move here when I am married. I love it. And I would love for my family to have a second language in common. Anyway, I have a little time before I have to get ready for school so I decided to write. My parents and Katie are here in Spain right now. I spent Sunday and Monday of this week with them, but I won't see them until tomorrow when we leave for ITALY! I am so excited for that. But for now, I will just talk about what has passed. I took my final yesterday which was a breeze, mainly because my teachers let us write it. So I basically knew all the answers. But, one group in charge of part of it circled the answers and so my teacher threw out their part and made his own...which was a little harder. But still, I think I did well. Today in class we are just going to watch movies the whole time. Having my Katie and my parents here was awesome. I finally felt like I was really away and in another country when they were here, because I had to translate for them and explain the culture and things here. It just made it a little more concrete. And of course, I just love them. It also made me love the family I am living with even more. They are so gracious and humble. They let my family sleep here, and gave their own bed to my parents. Now I know for sure how lucky I am to be here, but how it really wasn't luck or coincidence, but I am sure that it was the big plan. It is great to get to know them and talk to them (what little I can talk, I more listen). But I have a lot of pictures I want to post, and I will explain them. First I here are some of the house and neighborhood I live in. I think they are all of when it rained here. Record rainfall in the last 30 years. It hailed too. And in one city the hail was the size of eggs and sent many people to the hospital, many cars washed over the sides of the roads. Bad story.
Next I just have a bunch of me from when I went out with the missionaries. One Pday we went to a city called Jaen to hike to a destroyed castle. It was a fun day, and I really enjoy my time with them. This last Pday we went to La Alhambra which is a beautiful place with awesome grounds and palaces. It is Arabic and I think the structure shows that a bit. First, was the castle in Jaen though. It may look ugly but I am going to randomly place them all over.
These are the missionaries, let me name them, left to right...Elder Bangerter, Me, Hermana Boisserie, Member, Elder Clemmins, Elder Ramos, Elder Weekes, Elder Sorenson, and in front Hermana Oliva with Elder Orme taking the picture.
Here is the cross at the castle.


And now for pictures from La Alhambra...
This is una granada (the city I live in was named after this), in English, it's a pomegranite.
Me and Elder Sorenson (from California).

All the Elders and Me straddling the roof of a stairway underneath. After we got off, a bunch of Koreans jumped on to take a picture just like it. I then learned how to say hello and goodbye in Korean..it's the same thing. I would spell it something like this "anyao".


And here are just a bunch more. The one at night is in Granada, nothing to do with the castle or La Alhambra.

I think I am developing my knack for taking pictures. The one with the white flowers is a personal favorite of mine. Anyway, I hope you all are well. I am great. The Bishop here told me he wanted to give me a calling once my records are transfered. That makes me a little nervous and excited all at the same time. The Garcias told me that they think it would be something like being a Young Men advisor, which is crazy! But I would love it. They would just have to have a little patience with me, but I am sure the Lord would help me learn Spanish real quick if His youth were in my hands. The Bishop here is also one of the nicest men I have ever met, so you don't have too much to worry about with me. Well, I will talk to you later. Much love.

1 comment:

Lara said...

cool pics! I think you could pick up photography...you have a good eye. keep em coming...love to see what's going on...hope things are well...love you.