9.09.2007

.....

So, I continue my story. I went to the beach this weekend. In Málaga. It was about an hour and a half drive south. It was really nice. The weather was beautiful and the water felt amazing. It was really cool. Perfect. I definitely sported the speedo, I mean, I am in Europe. I have to say though...there were only two of us under 40 or 50 that I saw, that wore speedos. Note for next time. The beach was just like I have heard though, many topless women. Interesting as how I really have never seen that before, I think I had my fill. It wasn't all that it's cracked up to be, to be honest. I would say half of the women you want to put their tops back on. One thing that sucked about the trip is that my friend, Sean, had his wallet stollen by some pretty tricky gypsies. He was being really nice and chilling with them and talking to him. The minute he went down to the water, they struck and passed it on in some tricky organized chain of people like you would expect to see in a movie. I didn't see it, however the people sitting on the towel behind us did. Here is how it went down: He came back from the water and was looking for his wallet, we found it nowhere and looked for 5-10 minutes. Then he asked the delinquents if they had seen it when he was talking to them and they said no, mentirosos. Then we looked somemore, and the couple behind us said "Are you looking for the wallet?" And we told them we were, and they told us that those vagrants did take it, and they had watched it get passed from person to person and said we had no hope of knowing who it was with now and it was gone. The jerks said nothing while watching the wallet be stolen. They just chilled and ate their popsicles, and waited until we had exhausted our search to tell us that there was no chance because they had watched it get passed around like a hot potatoe. Now that's a stinking peanut gallery you don't want to hear from if I ever saw one.

Anyway, I came home early because I wanted to go to church here in Granada and my friends stayed in Málaga. Church was wonderful. It feels as if I hadn't been in so long, and it was so refreshing to be there. It was as if I truly had a thirst that I didn't realize was there. And when in Spain, you go thirsty alot, because water isn't all that readily available. Anyway, the people are wonderful, and there are some great missionaries who I will really enjoy getting to know. I might go to a bull fight with them this week. And to my surprise, the church is the same here in Spain. I just wanted to say that, because I always find it interesting when people say that, like they thought it would be different somewhere. They did have Sacrament Meeting last, but I kind of liked it that way. It made the three hours shorter in a way.

That brings me to this point, I am going to siesta and then talk to my parents in a two hours. Later.

No comments: